Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Everything I Needed to Know I Learned from Hip Hop

TwitThis






For the next week or so I am going to post about what I have learned from Hip Hop. I have been toying around with this idea for a minute. I originally wanted to do it in book form so blogging about it is a start:)

1.From BDP's Love's Gonna Getcha, I learned that your desires to have nice, clothes cars and jewlery can get you caught up. The crack epidemic in Oakland went from a modest smolder to bubbly stew over a three month period. Young bucks who had no money last week were coming through with Guess Jean overalls, clean fades, cherry red cougars, task force kicking down doors. My big brother had mad BDP joints. It was a new world.

2. From Ed O G and the Bull Dog's "Be a Father to you Child", I learned that rappers can talk about the importance of fatherhood on a song. I don't believe that music, Hip Hop, has to be political. It can be one of its functions. But when it is Good it is Excellent.

3.From Nas I learned that we are Born Alone and We Die Alone and that is life. Up until that point I loved the hop, but I do not remember feeling an MC the way that I felt him. In fact, that was one of the first tapes that I bought on the Tuesday that it came out. It is disappointing

4.From Salt and Pepa I learned that women could dance and discuss sex in a song without being considered raunchy. For their era, the were advanced.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a gift halloween site/blog. It pretty much covers ##KEYWORD## related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi blogger:)

I really liked the way you create your blog. I also have setup some blog but cannot place so much info just like you do. Futher more I don't even have some few comments.

Regards,
make extra money

Post a Comment

eXTReMe Tracker