Monday, September 19, 2005

Eff- Day by Day...Its Moment by Moment

TwitThis

I know that they were staging it in Atlanta, but I didn't realize that they were bringing it to the city. The tickets look reasonable starting at $26-100. I knew that they were doing the Color Purple. I wonder how much influence Alice had on the production? I wonder if it is intense and will make the audience cry.

Caution Slippery Road Ahead
Awwww....the fun of being newly single.....
The cool part-
1. Being able to come and go as I please.
2. Flirting w/o an fear of remorse.
3. Not having to think of a wedding day that gets closer with each night I rest and wake up.
4. Eating what I want, when I want and not having to coordinate the food jump off's.


The not so cool part-
1. The absolute silence of living dolo.
2. My old apartment was mad loud. I could hear ambulances, the police, kids, mommas. Everything. And then last night, all of a sudden, I could hear a pin drop.
3. There was also the easiness of familiar conversation where someone knows all the characters and nuances in your day to day life.

Luckily for me, I opened up the window in the bedroom and I have some city background noise.

Now that I have some pictures up and Black Moon playing in the background, it is starting to feel more like my space.


Why did I talk to my college ex and his girl moved out yesterday too.

That demonstrates that life truly does go on, because when we broke up
I could not stand his ssa. Now we are commiserating about our pain and how
we thought we were going to marry our s.o's.


New plates, new begining.
I bought some new plates at Target yesterday. Don't wanna be eatin' on plates that remind me of times where I experimented cooking Thai food, Teryaki salmon or veggie lasagne for us.


Unintended Consequences

Whenever I go back home to Cali I come back o NY tfeeling strong.


When I was out there a month ago, unbeknownst to me, the seed was being planted for me to bounce.

You see, I ran into an old friend (as in my high sweet hearts best friend), who is also a libra and as usual with us, he was having some relationship fonk.

Philly was complaining about his lady friend and how she would only kick with with him on Friday's. So you know me, I would immediatly figure that she was married and/or shacking up, but just keeping it on the low. He went on to explain that she was unavailable and terse, sometimes also.

So I asked, dude, if she is like that, why bother?
He looked at me, intently and said,

She looks at me.
She smells good
&
she says my name.

I told him that would be a dope hook for a song. And as innocent as it was for him to say that to me, it resonated. He captured something in those three sentences that I knew that I needed. A few yesterday's ago.





No comments:

Post a Comment

eXTReMe Tracker