My top ten favorite moments in the Documentary: Beyond Beats and Rhymes:
1. Seeing Stephen Hill from BET walk away from Byron when asked how he felt about the Black male images on BET.
2. Hearing dude being interviewed on the street say, I SOLD WATUH last summah. WHAT!
3.Seeing dudes grab girls booties and assert that they had a RIGHT to tap-a-@ss at BET's Spring Bling. All I could think was, these sistas ain't got guns. ('yall know I'm violent: Tre ironic hunh? lol).
5. Seeing Jada Kiss ask Byron "What Kinda Movies you Watch?", when Byron asked Jada about his murked filled lyrics.
6. Where was Greg Tate?
7. Berverly Guy-Sheftall is hella fresh. I been Liked her. But seeing her on camera confirmed the fact that she is my auntie in Atlanta.
8. I love the ITS JUST ENTERTAINMENT DEFENSE. SLICK real slick.
9. Realizing that I know Asha Jennings from Oakland.
10. And Finally. Hearing dudes on the street say, "If you take that rightous rap to the labels, they ain't trynna hear that".
Hip Hop Docs Rock!
Tuesday, February 20, 2007
Posted by M.Dot. at 10:59 PM