Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Breihan on Prodigy's 25 Hour

TwitThis


It's hard to think about exactly what you would do right before
you are set to got to jail for three years. But, that is precisely
what Breihan did in his piece on Prodigy last week,

It's hard to imagine what I'd do if I only had a few weeks before I had to go upstate to start serving a three-and-a-half-year sentence. But I know some things that I probably wouldn't do. I probably wouldn't film a YouTube rap video where creepy demon-kids sing the alphabet and I smash a cop's head in with a broken TV. I probably wouldn't launch an ungainly social-networking website to promote an album that wouldn't be in stores until I was behind bars, and even if I did, I probably wouldn't use that social-networking website to write long all-caps blog-posts about how tough I am. I probably wouldn't even bother with recording a Koch-rap album in the first place. I'd probably just curl into a ball and wait for my life to effectively end, which just means that I'm not Prodigy.
I keep forgetting that P is about to go to jail, and Breihan
just goes ahead and reminds me.

=========
=========


F-ck an apology give me the cash. I learned THAT from Japanese folks.

See, the rule is the same when it comes to slavery, injustice, or rappers
trying to atone for their past mistakes.

Speak with them benji's or HUSH.


David Banner knows that I am talking about , He gets right to the

point when he when he speaks on Master
P and his new found, ahem awareness
,
It's crazy to become a multi-millionaire off the backs of people and then turn around and attack the way that you made that money. If you really sorry, then give some of that money back. If you made eighty million dollars, give forty back if you really sorry.
How does the saying go, put up or shut up?

=======
=======

I am not feeling the buzz for the new Clipse mix tape.

I bugged Gotty for 8 months for We Got it for Cheap II.
That sh-t was so uninspired. And trust. I am not another writer
just talking yack out my @ss.

I KNOW THAT Making tangible art is hard.

The fact that I have been trying to churn out short stories for
the past month has re-acquainted me with the challenges
associated with trying to make something tangible.

I think I am the biggest Clipse fan I know.
I adored Hell Hath No Fury. It got me through some uber rough times.

However, I am not looking forward the We Got it for Cheap III Mixtape.
The thing about The Clipse is that those Skateboard beats
mesh lovely with their rhymes.

It just sounds tired hearing them over other people's beats.

I guess I can ride for optimism and look forward to a
second quarter Clipse album.

=======
=======

Flo-Rida is so ignorant and good.
On Gotta Eat, he sings,

Dammit Im proud to by my own bag of weed,

find me a ho', to help plant my seed
I got bail money they f*ck with me,
'Cuz, in my hood, erry n-gga gotta eat.

Funny. In 4 bars he covers weed, his girl, his baby, popo
and the fact that n-ggas gotta eat. God Bless Amerruca.

Any body who sings proudly about "having they own
weed" is egregious in my book. Breihan put wrote

about Mr. Rida last late last year saying,
Flo Rida is from Florida and he rides flows, see?) "Birthday" found its way to a few mp3 blogs and scraped the lower end of Billboard's R&B charts, which seems about right. But "Low" is practically the same song, except with T-Pain doing the chorus instead of Rick Ross (a tremendous improvement, admittedly), and now all of a sudden it's huge. Judging by those two tracks, Flo Rida is a decent enough technical rapper who knows how to ornament a beat without getting in its way, but he shows basically zero personality on both tracks, and I'm not sure I could pick him out of a lineup. I hadn't even heard "Low" before its massive iTunes debut. So how does this happen? How does an indistinct, relatively unknown rapper suddenly end up with the best-selling song in the country?

The simple answer is T-Pain, whose pop-charts dominance is getting scary.

T-Pain's dominance isn't scary, in fact its directly connected to
Roger of I Wanna be Your Man fame. Roger never
had to opportunity
to sing hooks on a years worth of Hip Hop
singles. Yet, T-pain has and consequently is a branch
on the Roger meets
Nate Dogg tree.



========
========

Why they always play " I Wanna be Your Man" at the end of the party?

Why do mixtapes suck?

Flo-Rida, ye or ney?

=======
=======

5 comments:

the prisoner's wife said...

3. ney

M.Z. said...

Mixtapes suck because albums suck. WGIFC 1 & 2 being exceptions of course.

Ney for Flo-Rida. I put Low on a T-Pain mix cd for my girl & barber back in may & they both said it sucked. Now it gets radio play & they're asking me for it. I'm telling them to check their old cd's I made...

The powers of media & popular opinion are no joke.

Dame said...

---“I probably wouldn't film a YouTube rap video where creepy demon-kids sing the alphabet and I smash a cop's head in with a broken TV”-------------------

Lmao….. hey….P is an unique guy yo lol

David Banner Has made idiot comments before so I'm not his biggest fan..and still think he might just be the stupiditst (i know not a word) Black person i know of with a masters degree But he is correctly on point with Master P....that Klan video and his Dr Phil apearance made me wanna choke him...ugggghhh


Hmmm the last Clispe album was scattered...there where some super bangers on there.. “Keys open Doors”...and “Nightmares” among them, but I can see how it was a disappointment.. Funny your such a big fan....shows how eclectic certain people are and the ability to recognize true talent and refer to things in their proper context..
See..myself... when grinding was on the radio ...non stop in what... 02? I came to the conclusion that america REALLLY aint give a fuck and hip hop was doomed....a super selling crack song was the country's athem..and fair or not I’ve been leery of talented duo from V.A since then..... the fact they where is sonned in the Byron Hurt documentary in a mere 2 seconds aint help either

I've yet to listen to Flo Rider..and dont think I ever will...........

Breihan theory laces it tho

Why they always play " I Wanna be Your Man" at the end of the party?

Because it’s the perfect subliminal message……whether it’s a lie or not

Why do mixtapes suck?

Over proliferation,. and the same reason music sucks period untalented people talking about the same things I long for the days of know that that Clue or S.S tape was garunteed fire instead of a thousand no name D.J’s with the same niggaz on some gun talk…. www.datpiff.com is damn near free even when paying and after o.d on it in 06 I almost never go there anymore…that’s how sad things are…

M.Dot. said...

Hmmm the last Clispe album was scattered...there where some super bangers on there....
========
aiiight blood.
You banned from the comments.
For like 6 months. :)

Why they always play " I Wanna be Your Man" at the end of the party?

Because it’s the perfect subliminal message……whether it’s a lie or not
=======
Ok. You allowed back. :)

neo said...

I dunno bout other rappers but my mixtapes are by far some of the dopest things to come out of hip hop and yes I am jocking my own steez..

Some mixtapes suck 'cos they're unfocused as far as theme and concept. When you don't have either two items its bound to be a bunch of songs thrown together for good measure..and of course skippability increases.

Flo-Rida..... (..)

I don't agree Roger Troutman and T-Pain are from the same tree. Folks keep making the mistake that Tallahassee Pain is using a vocoder to sing when he actually uses pitch correction software which is a software used to help "tune up" parts of singing vocals that aren't in the correct key or note..

Post a Comment

eXTReMe Tracker