Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Video Vixens Speak.

TwitThis

"Do you know how much money me and
Lashonte would have made if we
had residuals off of Gold Digger?"
So my dad found my copy of Pimps Up Hoes Down,
and has decided to READ IT.
See. Y'all be wondering where
I get it from. Where do I get that inquisitiveness, that tendency to pick it up
everything and read it? My poppi.

I told him, after he finished it that we could probably have one
of these most interesting conversations we have ever had.
I also told him that I was going to blog about it. In the spirit
of the pending conversation, I posted the above clip.


Speaking of unions the MTV PERMALANCERS are raising
hell about changes in their status. Peep the Times
comments. I managed to chime my little bus fare on the convo,

#12

I LOVE YOU.

Unionize the Video Vixens.

Unionize and PAY the College Football Players.

And Unionize the DAGGMMIT Permalancers.

THATS WHAT ‘UM talking ’bout.

“They DO have actual freelancers, you know - people who only submit things once a week, or who write or edit occasionally. Know what MTV calls them? Vendors.”

— Posted by StandUp

=====
What y’all need to do is contact Cuomo and give him something ELSE to look into.

modelminority.blogspot

— Posted by m.dot


========
========

What do you think of clip?

Hot air?

Hoochie ignorance?

Or are the women that we ogle finally speaking?


=========
=========

Speaking of ogling women, have you seen this?
NSFW.




======
======

Why did the Gucci Mane video bother me so much?

Is it his name?

The quasi lesbian pseudo sex scenes?

Or was it just low budget and greasy?
And I ain't talking 'bout good greasy.
I mean, like crisco,
all the ladies were super greased up.


And why they have to be all shiny and moisturized and
he can have
his belly out like the uncle that stay at
grandmomma house
but only come out at the family
reunion to talk sh*t?

======
======

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you need that balance of hoochie and non-hoochie it's been going on before it was even put out there like it is now. Van Halen had them in there videos back in the 80's, and as much as I don't like Gucci Mane and that wack ass song I couldn't turn myself away from the screen.

http://cheesesandwhich.blogspot.com

Model Minority said...

as I don't like Gucci Mane and that wack ass song I couldn't turn myself away from the screen.
===========

Thats why they are on the screen.

To keep you glued.

Anonymous said...

I think its a good thing that the video vixens actually are clearing the air for people to see and understand but I dunno man..I'm still ambivalent towards the whole thing..I dunno.

I mean yeah they are real women too and I can't blame them for looking as pretty as they do and whatnot but...I really don't see how sincerly (can't believe they spelt the name this way) or whomever is supposed to be setting up some type of good example for the young girls to follow. I am not seeing it honestly.

I mean yea they gotta do what they gotta do but I think the last lady to me was the realest of them all. Those are the type of stories that need to be told more. Can you imagine being buried in an unmarked grave? It's like no one knew who you were.

A video producer said it best himself saying, he brings ideas to the artist and the label, the label and artist dictate what they want to see in a video. I just think as a person you've got to make the decision as to what's important to you, what's priority..since its all about getting money, don't make any excuse to me other than "hey I'm just trying to get paid"

I mean that I could understand..maybe respect in some fashion but when they try to pull morality rank something just goes off in my head..maybe I got some sexism in me but I dunno man..

The every day woman just ain't like the video vixen..maybe if video vixens kept separating the life =/= entertainment maybe I'll respect their arguments more..

I don't even know where this rant is going but yeah..

Model Minority said...

whomever is supposed to be setting up some type of good example for the young girls to follow
========

Uh. Have you spoken to 13 year old lately.

Dude. They want to be models.

"hey I'm just trying to get paid"
=========
And thats what I call the "D Boy" conundrum, because a D Boy will tell you quick.

Fuck you and ya family, Im trying to eat. They are unapolageticaly tribal.

These emcees. " I ain't a parent", "Parents need to raise kids" Blar, blar, blar.

Its NOt about Emcees being parents.

I think the person who embraces his capitalism unapologetically IS 50.

Nelly on some, well Pointing finger type shit. Trill talk.

I was talking to Birkhold about this last night.

The most interesting people, the people with a couple scars, have some PROFOUND contradictions running through their veins.

That sh*t ain't all fruits and berries ock.

THis Life. Where you can cash out AND lose your sole all in an incident that you did even see coming.

Anonymous said...

Maybe it bothered you because the song was absolute SHIT.

Model Minority said...

You stupid.

M.Z. said...

And why they have to be all shiny and moisturized and
he can have his belly out like the uncle that stay at
grandmomma house but only come out at the family
reunion to talk sh*t?
===================================
Why you talkin' bout my uncle butchee? He ain't never do anything to you, did he?

Anonymous said...

but there's a reason those young girls wanna be models. They are seeing some visuals everywhere that influence and shape their thinking, thinking life's all an almond peach, show a lil skin and you IN..when in reality it just ain't so. It's a frigging cycle that will only continue until someone takes responsibility and yep you're right about the Dboy syndrome. It's the problem with it..

It really is Republican capitalism at its finest honestly. The Dboy is a Reagan baby, "I do what I gotta to do to get paid whether or not you affected, 'cos its about getting MINES"

I understand the life factor, I'm not naive and I've been through my own personal situations. However at the end of the day every human being can make choices. It is those choices in my opinion that define your character.

Model Minority said...

However at the end of the day every human being can make choices.
========

What does that mean?

Unknown said...

Stop hatin...they gettin paid, step yo game up and you'd bring in the same cash...fuck the haters, I'm gettin paper...

Peezy

Post a Comment

eXTReMe Tracker