Saturday, February 16, 2008

I Just Wanna Be Your Friend and Not Ya' Man. ~Big Pooh

TwitThis


This time last week I was a complete puddle.

Thursday before last, SJ decided to finalize the
status and make us just friends.
I was devastated,
not because it happened,
but how it happened.
At the time there was no room for discussion.

It was just ended. In my head I thought I could
lose the relationship, I just didn't want to lose my friend.

At the end of something, its easy to look around
you and see reminders of the person everywhere.
You know how you walk past
certain streets or stores, and you think about
a person? That is exactly what happened to me
last Friday.

I left work to go to Glide, because I knew that my
spirit wasn't right and that I needed all the extra help
that I could get.

I passed the corner where I spoke to SJ after my
first temp interview, then I saw the bank where I deposited
my first temp check. Over there was the corner where
I called him and ranted about the OTHER Black girl that
was trying to hate on me to the investment bankers.
There was the Staples where I made copies of
Michael Datcher's book and sent them to him.

Everywhere I turned there was a reminder.... to be cont....

=====
=====

What did you do to get yourself out of your last slump?

How long did it last?


=====
=====

6 comments:

neo said...

Well with the last r/ship I was in, I'd say I initiated the break up..it was coming though, 'cos for me on the inside I knew I couldn't continue any longer. It was hard to do, I didn't wanna hurt her but it had to be done.

However the one before that I just deleted pictures and removed all the reminders of her. Sometimes imo you gotta go ballistic like that in order to speed up the healing process. Some ppl tho don't have to do all that.

Model Minority said...

Sometimes imo you gotta go ballistic like that in order to speed up the healing process.
=======

You know what.

Me and gotty was talking about that shit.

Its so true.

Like sometimes...you be a little sad..but it be like water off your back...the other times...it be like fuck..I THINK my soul just split in two. LOL.

neo said...

yep..which is why after splits I get rid of any and everything that is a reminder or a potential reminder..it takes a while yo for you to get used to things, when you heal you find out that if you then stumble onto a reminder it won't hurt as much..

A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

this time last year i was a in puddle and didn't know when that feeling would ever end. it wasn't an immediate relief however one day i looked over my shoulder and didn't hurt any more.

it's a day by day, sometimes minute by minute situation!

Model Minority said...

this time last year i was a in puddle and didn't know when that feeling would ever end.
========
Puddle cousins!

Anonymous said...

Step one: Sleep.
Step Two: Set alarm clock to Little Brother - Beautiful Morning
Step Three: Wake up next day, Dirt off shoulder.
Step Four: Continue with another good day.

Post a Comment

eXTReMe Tracker