Thursday, June 07, 2007

I'm Trying to Get my Flame Back, I Don't Want to Be Just Ashes ::::or::: J. California Cooper is theTruth.

TwitThis


I just finished a book of short stories by J. California Cooper.

This woman has a way of pulling your soul in, and not
letting you go 'till she is through.

For trill.
In the excerpt below, the daughter- who was married away by her momma, to a man w/ a peg leg when she was 17- tells her momma where to stick it.

Momma is scandless. She usta pop by Mr. Pegleg's job when she needed rent or beer money.

Wild Stars Seeking Midnight Suns, J. California Cooper:

Lily sighed, saying, "You know, Mama, when I was young, I had a little flame in me. I wanted to do something with my life, but you took that flame, burned me with it until I burned down to ashes. Now you want me to stay where you put me, for your advantage, until I'm only a little pile of ashes. "I'm trying to get my flame back. I don't want to be just as ashes." She stood up as she continued, "I want to give you an address; If you drop a note to me, I will call you."
========
========

J. California Cooper.

Summer Reading.

What are you reading this summer?

========
========

No comments:

Post a Comment

eXTReMe Tracker