Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Gratitude Wednesdays {7.15.09}

TwitThis



Wow. To be thankful.

I noticed a month a go that The Comeback Girl does
Gratitude Fridays, so I have decided to try it out as well.

Gratitude lists help me get my mind right.

I am not sure which day it will long on, but the goal is to do
it once, on Wednesdays or Fridays.

1. For Garland, for his funniness, generosity and chats on the
frustrations of being
a Black artist.

2. For my niece and her desire to pursue theater.
I see myself in her, a renegade rebel who believes in
yes, even though others stay say no.

3. The the stars in a country sky. Its easy to forget how pretty
they are at night.

4. For my cell phone. Two years ago, my first and only Black
Berry got stolen in Prospect Park. That! Was stressful. Now
I am just happy to have a phone that works and the scrill
to pay the bill, IN FULL every month.

5. For all the women who have tried to make progressive
media (Audios Barbie, Black Lily,The Original Honey, Hue
Magazine, Fierce Magazine,) for Nerdy Black Girls. In researching you

all, I see that what we are trying to do is continue what you
all started.

What are you grateful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

eXTReMe Tracker